Is spider an insect? Why or Why Not?
Spiders are oft
en mistaken to be an insect. Many people think that spiders are insects. But spiders are not insects.
Both insects and spiders are small animals. They are invertebrates.
- The body of an insect is divided into three parts namely the head, the thorax and the abdomen.
- The head of the insects have a pair of feelers, two eyes and a mouth. The feelers are hair like parts on its head. The feelers help the insect to smell and feel things.
- The thorax is the middle region of an insect, which bears wings and legs.
- Insects have 6 legs. Most insects have 2 pair of wings.
- The abdomen is located just behind the thorax and is the main part of the body.
- A butterfly can taste with its feet.
- They all belong to class Insecta also known as hexapoda.
- The body of a Spider has two parts. A combined head and thorax called a cephalothorax and an abdomen.
- The cephalothoracic region of spiders bear the eyes , mouth and legs.
- Spiders have 4 pairs i.e. 8 legs.
- Other animals that share the characteristic feature are scorpions, ticks, and mites. They all belong to the class Arachnida
So in general literature terms we refer to spiders as insects but they actually are not insects they are Araneae, they are not insects
so Very informative
Thank you. Keep visiting our blog.
Thank you. Keeping visiting our blog.